6 Week Program (Pre-Phase 1B)Preparation For Foundation Of Recovery
6 WEEK PROGRAM (PRE-PHASE 1B)
Preparation For Foundation Of Recovery
The duration of the Preparation for Foundation programme is a minimum time period of 6 weeks. Please note that there is evidence to suggest that a total treatment plan of less than 90 days has little value to a patient who suffers from severe dependence.
- The recognition of alcohol and chemical addiction as a disease.
- The recognition of the consequences of addiction to the self and to others.
- Acceptance of powerlessness and unmanageability
- Recognise the importance of change and to develop a new mind-set
- Impulse control and self-discipline
- Self-resilience and stability
- Becoming more truthful and letting go of defence mechanisms
- Replacing instant gratification with delayed gratification
- Improved self-confidence
Keys to Recovery:
- Successful detoxification.
- General understanding of the 12 step programme
- Understanding the roles of counsellor and sponsor
- Ability to identify the consequences of abusing substances.
- Identify the need to take responsibility
- Identify feelings.
- Identify the importance of taking responsibility and completing tasks
- To work through conflict and problems systematically
- To work on short term and long term goals
- Enhanced Self-esteem and Confidence
- Open and honest Communication
- More assertive behaviour
- The start of emotional stability
Step work achievement:
- Orientation contract
- House Rules
- Assignment A and B
- Step work assignments 1 and 2
- Prep- Step 1
- 60 Stories completion
- Step 2
- Other assignments given by counsellors