Information For Medical ProfessionalsDiscoveries In Addiction Have Led To Advances In Treatment
Information For Medical Professionals
Discoveries In Addiction Have Led To Advances In Treatment
Addiction is a treatable disease. Discoveries in the science of addiction have led to advances in alcohol and drug abuse treatment that help people stop abusing substances and resume productive lives. This is why the best programs incorporate a variety of rehabilitative services into their comprehensive treatment regimens. Crossroads Recovery Centre’s treatment counselors select from a menu of services for meeting the individual medical, psychological, social, vocational, and legal needs of their clients to foster their recovery from addiction.
- Clients will be required to undergo a psychological evaluation prior to admittance.
- Medically supervised detoxification as prescribed by our consulting GP or psychiatrist and administered by our full time nursing staff.
- Clients will have access to a consulting clinical psychologist, general practitioner and a psychiatrist for all medical and psychological needs.
- All counselors are qualified addictions counselors, many of whom have their own personal experience with overcoming active addiction.
- Family counseling will be undertaken by our full time social worker in order to assist the family in dealing with the effects of the client’s addiction, as addiction is a family disease.
- Each client will receive an individualised treatment program, based on their specific needs.
- Treatment will consist of, group therapy, client centered therapy and cognitive behaviour therapy
- Clients will have access to an outpatient program of recovery coaching and be introduced to support groups such as the 12 step fellowships.
- With client approval the referring health professional will be kept updated as to the progress of treatment.
- Two long term treatment goals of Crossroads Recovery Center are total abstinence from all mind and mood altering substances and an improved quality of life for our clients.
- Individuals progress through drug addiction treatment at various rates, so there is no predetermined length of treatment. However, research has shown unequivocally that good outcomes are contingent on adequate treatment length. Generally, for residential treatment, participation for less than 90 days is of limited effectiveness and treatment lasting significantly longer (outpatient program) is recommended for maintaining positive outcomes.
- Crossroads recovery treatment philosophy will be in addressing the fundamental core issues of addiction. This existential philosophy allows for a caring, nurturing, client centered environment where patients suffering from addiction can find healing.