Why Minnesota House?Why Choose Us?
is to provide you with the opportunity to experience comprehensive treatment and support
quality treatment services
help you reach the emotional and lifestyle changes that you desire
Why Minnesota House? Why Choose Us?
Minnesota House creates a unique support system for you that make use of modern communication technologies, quality treatment services and partner resources to help you reach the emotional and lifestyle changes that you desire. Changes that create a positive difference in how you feel about your addiction and what you can accomplish in your recovery.
Minnesota House staff work with independent partners, local medical practices and therapeutic consultants to create a network of services to support your Treatment Experience. Our Treatment Program allows you to live temporarily on a picturesque small holding at the foot of the Outeniqua Mountains, along the Garden Route in South Africa, while you receive an intensive program of clinical services.
Whether you are seeking an outpatient therapy program or extended, intensive daily treatment services Minnesota House can accommodate your needs with effective, patient-focused therapy programs.
Our goal is to provide you with the opportunity to experience comprehensive treatment and support with a strong commitment to patient service. Many people have joined our extended treatment program from throughout SA.
- We are one of South Africa’s most established private treatment centres, with 15 years of experience.
- We are aligned with all major medical aid schemes.
- We look at age, gender, ethnicity and culture. Matching treatment settings, interventions, and services to an individual’s particular problems and needs is critical to their ultimate success in returning to productive functioning the family, workplace and society. Nobody can fall through the cracks at Minnesota House. We move past treatment compliance to treatment engagement.
- We offer the full spectrum of treatment options to accommodate the individual needs of clients at various points in their recovery.
- Every patient is different. We base our treatment plans on the patient’s drug of choice, the characteristics of our patients and their associated medical, psychological, social, and vocational problems.
- We provide medical assistance for detoxification and withdrawal.
- We combine best practices in addiction treatment while simultaneously locating these issues within the broader perspective of dual diagnosis. We are in fact specialists in treating patients with a dual diagnosis and we understand that more often than not, it is not just about the addiction. The underlying causes need to be addressed before a patient can get well.
- We offer a level of professional expertise that is unparalleled. Our multi-disciplinary team is passionate about ensuring that patients are treated holistically.
- We are situated in the picturesque and tranquil Outeniqua Mountains along the Garden Route in South Africa and our serene location offers the perfect environment for stress free, peaceful healing and recovery
- There’s no question that our addiction treatment system helps more people because it moves away from one-size-fits-all approach to recovery, recognising that there are many different paths to recovery.
- Trained counsellors that have gone through the experience of moving from active substance abuse to recovery are able to personally relate to the patients’ challenges as well as provide living proof of the new life that can be achieved in recovery.
- We promote a healthy and balanced lifestyle while in the program including educational, therapeutic and social activities.
- We facilitate a strong and inclusive culture of recovery within the patient community.
- We provide a respectful safe constructive environment where people can explore the consequences of their addiction free from judgement and condemnation.
- Comprehensive continuing care plans